Woman accused of murdering two of her children in Colorado is extradited from the United Kingdom
Kimberlee Singler, 37, was returned to the United States to face first-degree murder charges in the 2023 deaths of her two young children
Colorado authorities confirmed Tuesday the extradition from the United Kingdom of Kimberlee Singler, a 37-year-old woman accused of murdering two of her children during a custody dispute with her ex-husband. Singler was extradited from Great Britain to the United States, where she will face charges of first-degree murder, attempted murder, child abuse, and assault. Colorado Springs District Attorney Michael Allen said Singler will appear in court in the coming days and will remain in custody without bail at least until a preliminary hearing. The crime and the initial investigation date back to December 2023, when a 9-year-old girl and a 7-year-old boy were found dead in the family home in Colorado Springs. A third daughter, then 11 years old, was injured but survived. Singler, who had superficial stab wounds, initially claimed that a man had broken into the apartment and attacked the family. At first, authorities considered her a victim. However, the investigation took a turn when the surviving daughter changed her story and pointed to her mother as the perpetrator, according to UK court documents.
Flight and arrest in London
When police attempted to arrest her on December 26, 2023, Singler had already disappeared. Four days later, she was located and arrested in the exclusive Chelsea neighborhood of London. Since then, she remained in custody while the extradition process, which she contested for over a year, was resolved.
Singler's defense in the UK argued that she should not be extradited because, if convicted in Colorado, she would face a mandatory life sentence without the possibility of parole, which—according to her lawyers—would violate European human rights standards. British courts rejected that argument.
Custody dispute,Key to the case
According to court records, the day before the bodies were found, a Colorado judge had ordered Singler to release the children to her ex-husband for a holiday custody arrangement. The following day, she requested a postponement of a hearing, claiming the family had been attacked.
The prosecution maintains that the custody dispute is central to understanding the context of the crime. The surviving child, now 13, will be a key witness in the eventual trial.
Next legal steps
Singler faces two counts of first-degree murder, as well as attempted murder, three counts of child abuse, and one count of assault. The preliminary hearing, in which a judge will determine if there is sufficient evidence to proceed to trial, could be held within the next 30 days.
Colorado authorities emphasized that the case has had a profound impact on the community. “This is an unimaginable act that has deeply affected many people,” said Colorado Springs Police Chief Adrian Vasquez.
This news has been tken from authentic news syndicates and agencies and only the wordings has been changed keeping the menaing intact. We have not done personal research yet and do not guarantee the complete genuinity and request you to verify from other sources too.

