What the Epstein files released by the US Department of Justice say
The documents feature figures such as former US President Bill Clinton, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, and musicians like Mick Jagger and Michael Jackson
The US Department of Justice released a first batch of documents related to Jeffrey Epstein.
The release of the documents, which include photos, videos, and investigative documents, was highly anticipated after Congress passed a law requiring the full release of the files by Friday.
However, the Democrats and some Republicans accused the Department of Justice (DOJ) of violating its legal obligations after it announced it would not be able to release all the documents before the deadline. Many details in the thousands of files have also been heavily redacted.
The first batch of files features several famous faces, including former US President Bill Clinton, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, and musicians Mick Jagger and Michael Jackson.
Appearing in the photographs or being cited in the documents does not imply having committed illegal acts, and some of the public figures appearing in the newly released files have previously denied any crimes or having any knowledge of Epstein's.
Bill Clinton photographed in the pool and jacuzzi
Several of the published images include former US President Bill Clinton.
One photo shows him swimming in a pool, and another shows him lying face up with his hands behind his head in what appears to be a jacuzzi.
Clinton was photographed with Epstein several times during the 1990s and early 2000s, before the financial disgrace was first arrested. He has never been charged with any crime by Epstein's abuse victims and has denied any knowledge of his sex crimes.
A Clinton spokesperson commented on the new photos, saying they were decades old.
“They can publish all the blurry photos from over 20 years ago that they want, but this has nothing to do with Bill Clinton. “He has never had it and he never will,” Angel Urena wrote on social media. “There are two types of people here. The first group knew nothing and broke up with Epstein before his crimes came to light. The second group continued their relationship with him afterwards.” “We are in the first group."No matter how hard they try, the people in the second group won't change that." at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.
During the alleged encounter in the 1990s, Epstein nudged Trump and “jokingly asked,” referring to the girl, “This one's good, isn't she?” according to the document.
Trump smiled and agreed, according to the lawsuit filed against the estate of Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell in 2020.
The document says that “they both laughed” and that the girl felt uncomfortable, but “at the time she was too young to understand why.”
The victim alleges that Epstein groomed and abused her for many years.
In the lawsuit, she makes no accusations against Trump.
The BBC has contacted the White House for comment.
The alleged incident is one of the few mentions of the president in the thousands of files released on Friday.
The president appears in several photos, but his presence is minimal at best.
Trump War Room, the official X-rated account for the president's political operation, instead posted photos of Clinton after the release.
Trump's press secretary also reposted images of Clinton, saying “Oh my God!”.
However, pages remain to be released.
Assistant Attorney General Todd Blanche said that “several hundred Thousands of pages of documents are still being reviewed and have not yet been made public. The US president previously stated that he was friends with Epstein for years, but that they drifted apart around 2004, years before Epstein was first arrested. Trump has consistently denied any wrongdoing in connection with Epstein.
The photo appears to show Andrew reclining on the laps of several people
A photo from the released files appears to show Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor reclining on the laps of five people, whose faces have been obscured.
Ghislaine Maxwell, Epstein's convicted accomplice, can be seen standing behind them in the image.
Andrew has been the subject of years of scrutiny for his past friendship with Epstein, who is not pictured.
He has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing in connection with Epstein and has claimed that he did not “see, witness, or suspect any behavior of the type that subsequently led to his arrest and conviction.”
Michael Jackson, Diana Ross, Chris Tucker,and Mick Jagger
The newly released documents include the widest array of celebrities we have seen in an Epstein file to date.
The former financier was known for his connections in the world of entertainment, politics, and business. Some images released by the Justice Department show him with stars such as Michael Jackson, Mick Jagger, and Diana Ross. It is unclear where or when the photos were taken, or in what context. It is also unclear whether Epstein had any relationship with all of these figures or if he attended these events. Previously released photos from Epstein's estate include photos he did not take, of events he did not attend. In one of the newly released photos, Epstein appears with Michael Jackson. The pop idol is wearing a suit, and Epstein is wearing a zip-up hoodie. Another image of Jackson shows him with former US President Bill Clinton and Diana Ross. They are posing together in a small space, and several faces have been omitted. Another photo among the thousands of files shows Rolling Stones legend Jagger posing with Clinton and a woman whose face is omitted. Everyone is wearing cocktail attire.
Several photos include actor Chris Tucker. One shows him posing seated next to Clinton at a dining table. Another shows him on an airplane tarmac with Ghislaine Maxwell, Epstein's convicted accomplice.
The BBC has contacted Jagger, Tucker, and Ross for comment. Clinton has previously denied any knowledge of Epstein's sex crimes, and a spokesperson claimed on Friday that the photos were decades old.
Maxwell at Downing Street
Another photo included in the document released yesterday shows Ghislaine Maxwell posing outside 10 Downing Street (the official residence and working office of the UK Prime Minister).
She is alone, and no context is provided in the photo regarding her presence or when it was taken.
We do not know who the Prime Minister was at the time the photo was taken, nor in what capacity Maxwell was visiting Downing Street.
Epstein threatened to burn down her house, accuser claims
One of the first people to accuse Epstein appears in the files.
Maria Farmer, an artist who worked for Epstein, told the FBI in a 1996 report that he had stolen personal photos she had taken from her sisters, aged 12 and 16.
In a complaint, she stated that she believed he had sold the photos to potential buyers and that he threatened to burn down her house if she told anyone.
Her name is omitted from the files, but Farmer confirmed that the account was hers.
In the report, she notes that Epstein had allegedly asked her to take photos of girls in swimming pools for him.
“Epstein now threatens [censored] with the threat that if she tells anyone about the photos, he will burn her house down,” the report states.
Farmer said she felt vindicated after nearly 30 years.
“I feel redeemed,” she said.
Hundreds of thousands of pages remain unpublished
Among the documents released on Friday were many that had been redacted, including police statements, investigation reports, and photos.
More than 550 pages of the files released on Friday were completely redacted, according to CBS, the BBC's US partner. These include a document related to a grand jury investigation, in which 100 pages were blacked out. As stipulated by law, officials could draft materials to legally protect the identity of victims or any information related to an active criminal investigation, but they were required to explain the reason, which has not yet been done. The thousands of pages released on Friday are just a small part of what is to come, according to the Justice Department. Assistant Attorney General Todd Blanche stated that the department would release “several hundred thousand pages” on Friday and that he expected “several hundred thousand more” to be released in the coming weeks. Blanche told Fox & Friends that the department was thoroughly reviewing every page of the material to ensure that “every victim—their name, their identity, their story, to the extent that it needs to be protected—is fully protected.” I have argued that this is a process that takes time. It is unknown when more material will be released, and lawmakers from both parties have expressed frustration. Democrats, including Congressman Ro Khanna, have threatened to take action against members of the Justice Department. media, adding in a video that all options were on the table and that he and Massie were considering them.
This news has been tken from authentic news syndicates and agencies and only the wordings has been changed keeping the menaing intact. We have not done personal research yet and do not guarantee the complete genuinity and request you to verify from other sources too.

